Responsibility of Captains
- The responsibility lies with captains for ensuring that play is conducted within the spirit and tradition of the game, as described in The preamble
- The Spirit of cricket, as well as within the laws.
- DIVISION ONE AND TWO 1ST ELEVENS PLEASE CHECK WITH THEIR UMPIRE SHEETS, EACH WEEK AND ensure THAT CORRECT NAME'S OF THE UMPIRE'S ON YOUR CLUBS REPORT FORM are recorded. GRADINGS FOR ALL PANEL UMPIRES MUST BE RECORDED ON YOUR REPORTS SHEETS EACH WEEK WITHOUT FAIL, THIS INFORMATION IS NEEDED TO INFORM THE UMPIRES AT THE END OF THE SEASON OF THEIR MARKS.
- Division 1 & 2 2nd Elevens and Division 3 & 4 1st & 2nd Elevens must name the umpires and grade them.
The Spirit of the Game involves RESPECT for:
- Your Opponents
- Your own captain and team
- The role of the Umpires
- The Game's tradition values
Other duties include
- Informing Umpires and other captain of interval times
- Declaring and exchanging team sheet with opponents and giving it to umpire/s
- Sending completed Match reports and scores / results to Result Secretary
- Must inform Secretary, appointed umpires
and opposition of change of ground